Familiar routines seem to be the basis for many successful people in business. Tom Corley, in his book titled “Change Your Habits, Change Your Life” says, “Most self-made millionaires don’t end up rich accidentally, Corley’s research finds. They make plans. His studies found that eighty percent of the wealthy are “obsessed with pursuing goals,” he writes. They refer to both daily and long-term goals regularly.
Og Mandino in his book The Greatest Salesman in the World admonishes us to replace our bad habits with good as that is the only pathway to success. Further, Charles F. Haanel in the Master Key System states in paragraph 2 of Part 1, “Mind is creative, and conditions, environment and all experiences in life are the result of our habitual or predominant mental attitude.”
It really is simple, thoughts become the things we think about inhabit both our mind, and the subconscious helps them materialize into our world. Henry Ford thought during his every waking and sleeping hour on his first car, how it was to be made and what problems he had to overcome to achieve his goal of bringing an inexpensive vehicle to the masses. Elon Musk via his companies Tesla and SpaceX is totally obsessed with, and generating products that push the edge of technology with each coming day.
So, we have contemporary evidence that Thinkers are Creators. Just as was posted on this blog earlier, Warren Buffett adheres to his familiar routines of reading, sitting and thinking to generate his ideas to advance his investments and accomplishments.
So, when you start thinking that Napoleon Hill, Emerson. Mandino or Haanel are a bit fruity, just look at what Steve Jobs, Warren Buffett or Elon Musk are doing today and silence your subby’s disbelief! The Secret is no secret, there are just many disbelievers who fail to put forth the hard mental effort to develop good daily Routines or “Habits” to replace their bad ones and thus move nearer to their goals while avoiding the habit of failure.
Success in life starts with finding our who you are…
What do need as achievements for you consider to yourself a success in life? I’ve been contemplating that more frequently as I’ve crossed into the over 50 group. The standard question comes to mind of “who am I really?” I’m not my work (as has been my primary focus which often subsumes alloted hours daily), not what others think I am but, who I have always longed to be, what brings me happiness?
Regardless of whether I am that person or not at this time, this is the drive that will power the rest of my life and leave a legacy for others to build upon. If you have been thinking similarly, I’ve got a secret to share… if you have a burning desire to be something other than what you are right now (and all of us do!), then it stands to reason, the power that be afforded you the capability to succeed at being that person. What a relief right !
In our society, we often have others tell us so frequently their cynical perspective that we begin to believe and project their story onto our own. Worse still, as in the story of the Golden Buddha from the movie Finding Joe, we get covered in a layer of cement that obscures our innermost desires and dreams that bring joy and fulfillment, success to our life.
The Master Key Experience has helped me start this process of defining my success in full alignment with my inner drives and desires. Subscribe to the right and I’ll send you a downloadable pdf “7 Days to a New Life”. The exercise within its pages will help you start chipping away the clay and cement that hides the successful life you really want to achieve.
Better still, I’ll share with you some of the things I’ve learned and introduce you to the themes and tools the Master Key Master Mind Alliance gave me to start my quest; my hero’s journey and how to be a success in life. Once your begin to seek the truth, and disover the gold within your Golden Buddha, nothing else will satisfy you. The choice is yours to bring lasting success or continue on the path you are currently on…
We have been introduced to that “Mysterious Source Which Never Sleeps” by Og Mandino in this our first month. But, until this week, it may be that I have not recognized that both Mandino and Haanel are speaking to the same energy and entity that operates as precisely and accurately as a Timex watch. Yes, we are speaking about the subconscious or “Subby” as we like to call him/her in the MKMMA.
Think about what Charles F Haanel wrote in Part Four of his book The Master Key System starting with paragraph #4 – 11:
4. When you say “I think,” the “I” tells the mind what it shall think; when you say “I go,” the “I” tells the physical body where it shall go; the real nature of this “I” is spiritual, and is the source of the real power which comes to men and women when they come into a realization of their true nature.
5. The greatest and most marvellous power which this “I” has been given is the power to think, but few people know how to think constructively, or correctly, consequently they achieve only indifferent results. Most people allow their thoughts to dwell on selfish purposes, the inevitable result of an infantile mind. When a mind becomes mature, it understands that the germ of defeat is in every selfish thought.
6. The trained mind knows that every transaction must benefit every person who is in any way connected with the transaction, and any attempt to profit by the weakness, ignorance or necessity of another will inevitably operate to his disadvantage.
7. This is because the individual is a part of the Universal. A part cannot antagonize any other part, but, on the contrary, the welfare of each part depends upon a recognition of the interests of the whole.
8. Those who recognize this principle have a great advantage in the affairs of life. They do not wear themselves out. They can eliminate vagrant thoughts with facility. They can readily concentrate to the highest possible degree on any subject. They do not waste time or money upon objects which can be of no possible benefit to them.
9. If you cannot do these things it is because you have thus far not made the necessary effort. Now is the time to make the effort. The result will be exactly in proportion to the effort expended. One of the strongest affirmations which you can use for the purpose of strengthening the will and realizing your power to accomplish is, “I can be what I will to be.”
10. Every time you repeat it realize who and what this “I” is; try to come into a thorough understanding of the true nature of the “I”; if you do you will become invincible; that is, provided that your objects and purposes are constructive and are therefore in harmony with the creative principle of the Universe.
11. If you make use of this affirmation, use it continuously, night and morning, and as often during the day as you think of it, and continue to do so until it becomes a part of you; form the habit.
Now take these into a sit and think on words of scripture about the words I AM. Most of us heard it as “I Am That I Am” in our Sunday school lessons. But, the ancient Hebrew of Exodus 3:14 lacks a future tense as modern English does, yet a few translations render this name as “I Will Be What I Will Be”, given the context of Yahweh promising to be with his people through their future troubles. Note that they include the similar references to another phrase Haanel speaks as having great power for us this week in Part 4, “I Can Be What I Will To Be”. Wow, does that make your hair stand on end like mine?
Again Haanel points out later in Part 19 – 21, you (and your Subby) are the temple of God and Eternal Power;
19. Science goes a little way in its search and stops. Science finds the ever-present Eternal Energy, but Religion finds the Power behind this energy and locates it within man. But this is by no means a new discovery; the Bible says exactly the same thing, and the language is just as plain and convincing: “Know ye not that ye are the temple of the living God?” Here, then, is the secret of the wonderful creative power of the “World Within.”
20. Here is the secret of power, of mastery. To overcome does not mean to go without things. Self-denial is not success. We cannot give unless we get; we cannot be helpful unless we are strong. The Infinite is not a bankrupt and we who are the representatives of Infinite power should not be bankrupts either, and if we wish to be of service to others we must have power and more power, but to get it we must give it; we must be of service.
21. The more we give the more we shall get; we must become a channel whereby the Universal can express activity. The Universal is constantly seeking to express itself, to be of service, and it seeks the channel whereby it can find the greatest activity, where it can do the most good, where it can be of greatest service to mankind.
So, not only is Subby your secret source of power to control your own life but, more so he/she is the link from you to the greatest power in the universe, Eternal Energy, and power, the key to the temple within you! This power is given to you so that you can be the portal through which the Universal can “Give More, Get More”. This is the law of abundance and happiness but, only insomuch as you share your light with others… through service.